Monday, January 02, 2006

You Think You Know Me?

Things you probably don't know about me:
1. Never sat on a viking/ rollber-coaster/ other hell rides. Don't intend to. Never will. The only ride i ever sat was the water coaster at Haw Par Villa and that sealed my decision to never try any of those hell rides. I felt my heart popping out and my bones disintegrating when i tried the water coaster. I thought i'd get over the initial fear. So i tried it for five times straight. The answer remains a BIG NO.

2. Crocos are the most hideous creatures in my books, far worse than other cannibals. Surreptitious creatures with slitty eyes -- pretending to be logs -- that pounce on preys that are unaware of their presence. Absolute fakos. Probably cannot reconcile the fact that camouflaging is nature's call for the very ugly-looking predators.

3. Thought i was a super human when i was young, that i could be well and alive and still stand on my feet after jumping down from my house on the 19th floor. Thank goodness i wasn't curious enough to try and find out, though i was pretty tempted to on a few occasions.

4. Never had a manicure or pedicure done in my life. I really think it's a waste of money. Detractors would say once you try one, you'll have it no other way but i beg to differ. I'll use the money to satisfy my tummy any time. I can take care of my own nails.

5. Am fascinated by the vastness of the universe, by how we are all smaller than specks of dust in this marvellous scheme of things, by how distances between planets, solar systems etc. have to be calculated in light-years when we mere earthlings do it using metres, yards, etc. A very humbling thought.

6. Tried to blackmail my sisters to do my bidding by threatening to run to my parents and cry when i was young. What was i thinking?!?

7. Have weird dreams. Used to dream about vampires, ghosts etc. Dreamt about being a mouse getting chased by an eagle. Being involved in car accidents. BUT had sweet dreams too. Most memorable: dressed in a Victorian dress, dancing in a huge ballroom with Mr Prince Charming. Don't ask me how he looked like. I didn't manage to picture it.

Hmm...more about other stuff in time to come.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you enjoyed your first day back to school!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home