Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I did the deed

At about 10:50 am on Tuesday, November 29, I officially signed away four years of my life, my youth. I’m a bit sad. The feeling of being tied down doesn’t go down well with me, someone who craves to soar freely in the sky. So don’t come ask me for treats thinking that teachers are all very rich. I’m saving it up just in case…eh…arhem…u know what I mean.

But since I've already done the deed, I might as well look at the bright side of things. I’m gonna be there to hopefully change someone’s life for the better, in one way or another! Yeap! Kids nowadays really ought to be taught how to behave. I was down at Sentosa last Friday with one bunch of them. My! I didn’t remember myself being as atrocious as them either in behaviours or attitudes. Seriously speaking, I think they should be thrown into a jungle for a few days, seeing how they complained they didn’t want to eat the fish and veg. It’s a camp! What did they expect? Abalone and oysters? And teachers were definitely not there for the very purposeful intent of listening to their mindless grouses.

One month of holidays. I think I’m busier than usual. Ha, the irony of it.

For this whole month, I hope I can:
1. Have loads and loads of fun
2. Have loads and loads of fun
3. Have loads and loads of fun
4. Spend time with family and have loads and loads of fun
5. Spend time with friends and have loads and loads of fun
6. Practice my piano (Aiming for practical exam in Nov next year. Hmm, actually I’m not just aiming for it. I will definitely do it.)
7. Study my music theory (Taking exam next march)
8. Lindy
9. Improve English grammar
10. Study the long-forgotten Chemistry
11. Tone my arms, abs and butt (They are starting to freak me out)
12. Sleep more

Aye, damn greedy. Talking about greedy, I forgot to put down “Have more sinful chocolates and cakes”. As you can see, I’m not very good at prioritizing, thinking of having loads and loads of fun AFTER having LOADS AND LOADS of it. My dad thinks I’m been having too much fun. So does my mum and everyone else in my family. Everyone thinks that it’s time for me to settle down. Okay, I admit. I’ve been having way too much fun. That’s why I’m using the bond to tie me down and hopefully try to not prance around like I’m still a little kid. I really am trying. But if the heart is born free, can the soul be ever tamed? I wonder.

My cousin – my kampong khaki – is a father at 26. His baby just turned a month old. Looking at him, I sometimes marvel at how big the chasm in our lives is, that he already has a kid while I’m still a kid myself. Can I ever grow up? I wonder again.

5 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Slacker said...

ALl the Way dear!!!! dont worry so much. just enjoy the moment now lah.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Serene Huang said...

ahem, english grammar. Like my editor at PI said, "Your education system has let you down", regarding grammar. Haha. So yeah, bring out the books right now!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Yollev said...

haha... lion+fish... need me to lend you the 101 organic reactions notes??? HAHAHA.... :D :D :D

Talking abt kids complaining abt food and watever... i think they really ought to be taught... i think they really dunno wat is appreciation... 他们好像 NEVER appreciate ... 什么东东都要 complain… sometimes i talk to them, i really shake head man... sometimes i try to change their thinking... sometimes i become pek chek... anyway, patience is wat you need most? i guess hahaha... i dunno why, i think you can be a good teacher... 我很看得起你的喔!haha... 看到你的学生拿好成绩, 你一定哭! haha... you better be heng heng, spot correct questions for the kids hahaha... like salim, then promote to HOD Woohoo.... hahaha...

chers really rich ma... you treat me $2 chicken rice can liao hahaha... i never ask for a $200 meal mah haha...

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dun worry,
Just gan gan ask chers for treats. Govt good pay, got bonus somemore ok. haha dun worry torture her.. Yo WZ, when ur family think its time for u to settle down, means be serious or find a life partner:P kekeke. Think must bring u more to social gatherings liao hahaha. Must let us know ur criteria also.
My teaching in life is : Since u have already choosen e road, just walk down. watever complaints u might have, just bitch it out so u will feel u r not alone. Then u can complete ur bond without any grudges.

Ciao
SJ

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger whysohappy said...

yeah yeah...i will enjoy the moment..keke...treats ah?? ok lor..but not too ex lah..n must take turns lor!! don't forget i still must finance my music education ok!!! keke...

slacker: haha the ktv session really very hiong hor..keke..next time must find more pple :P But the cao meng songs that we sang really damn funny..keke..malu leh..i really pray hard those kids in the opposite room are not from my sch...

xinyi: eh cher u also very free wat..why don't u organise instead? Everytime i organise..keke...have to wait till next year lah..i can't really find a gd slot to fit everyone's sched in dec leh..

arie bedouin: your editor's spot on...i tink our education system...ahem..has done us injustice..keke...ask not what education can do for u but what u can do for education...ahaha..crap..tt's wat teachers r for :P join me soon??!!

yollev: eh i really want the 101 organic rxn leh...u really still have ah? i threw away everything leh..all the notes i wrote for "A" levels...wasted..i wrote a lot i tink..keke...u so see me high up i happi orh...jia lat if i speak such singlish to them, they're dead..keke..

sj: heehee someone not teacher also like not bad pay woh...b careful when u say such things leh...eh not say i want to settle down can settle down right? some things can't be helped lor..tink recently i haf so many offers for "intro" from friends that i want to run away man..don't b another one lah..:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home