Saturday, November 04, 2006

It's a bird...It's a ...

I know i'm bad at drawing. But I didn't know i'm worse than lousy till very recently.
Had a potluck session at a friend's house and was doodling something for my friends to guess.
Picture in mind: a crown.
I told them gleefully: "This is very easy to guess!!"
Or so i thought.
After their first bout of laughter at my rather obscene drawing of a baguette, i was determined to prove them that i wasn't an entirely hopeless case.
I was determined to prove to them that i could draw simple things, like a crown, even though the simple drawing of a baguette turned out to be a misadventure.
"Can't you guess it?!?!" I was getting anxious to prove my point.
Nobody managed to guess it. And the most horrible thing happened: A friend revealed the subconcious Dali streak brewing in me.
A crown, to him, appeared to be like an anatomy. And not just any. My doodle, to him, was a warped representation of an anatomy.
I was aghast. Totally.
But what could i say? Let's just put it this way: He who sees chooses what he wants to see.
And that's how sausages, water-melons and papayas have their names defamed.

2 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not the crown that look like a part of anatomy ... it's that "thing" wearing the "crown" ... haha

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger naniz said...

Hey "bf"! Are you sure you can't draw? How come I have this impression that you can? hmm...anyway, how are you!! tell me tell me...

::ur partner aka sumarni aka nani::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home