Monday, September 05, 2005

Thump thumper thumpest

I'm definitely not thinking straight now because I'm a walkin cigarette. A literal smokin airhead after a nite out at thumper, the club situated at Goodwood Park Hotel.
My hair smells bad and my brain's not working after my second trying-to-stay-awake-for-whole-nite exercise this week. (Pardon me if i sound nonsensical in this entry. I'm not very sane now) That's what i hate most about clubbing: the smell of of cigarette smoke just follows you like a ghost, invisible but ever omnipresent. ( I talked as though I've had an encounter b4 huh??! Nope! And i certainly don't wish for one in spite of that rather perverse excitement that might bring) I swear that three days of hard shampooing hardly alleviates the problem. There's always an urge to do a Demi Moore in J.I. Jane for at least those three days.
And the next day after clubbing, you're just a zombie who cannot tell your p's from q's, burps from slurps.
So why torment myself by clubbing? Hmmm...mayb there's just some inexplicable attraction to it. To lose myself in the music, to see the wild side of friends whom you usually deem prim & proper. To basically just PARTYYY and have fun without inhibitions -- something that we can ill-afford in our everyday adult lives.
Yesterday's partying with Yeng and J was fun, albeit a tad too short, cos the DJ played primarily hip-hop from 1:30?? onwards. I'm not much of a hip-hop person, at least when it comes to clubbing. Pops are great and retros are heavenly. Yes, I'm a Mambo gal! Five straight hours and I'll still be clamouring for more!!
But i've got to say that the live band was great, churning out hits from the 80's and 90's. One of the singers, a Papa Bear lookalike, was amusingly entertaining with his not-so-groovy dance steps and way-too-cheesy hand poses. BUT i need to give him credit. He succeeded in making me laugh and hypnotising me to follow his dance steps and poses. Talk about voodoo and paper effigy!! I must have gone crazy!!
Or maybe it's the flu. It certainly cannot be that one glass of vodka lime. (Yes, staying away from liquor for the time being cos of the flu.) Or maybe it's the company. Yeng and J are such great companions that i just want to have crazy fun. With or without that loud throbbing music.
Yesterday was my last attempt at decandence before school starts. My, am i going to relish the thought of doing it again soon.

2 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Permalink
Mickey Kaus: Biden's Goat, Gotten. Still unpresidential after all these years. 09/02/05 Timothy Noah: On not owning a vacation home.
Great blog! You may also enjoy my time share resale site. You'll find time share resale related information there.

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were great company too! All our malicious name-calling and hyper jump-skip-dance(??).. makes me wonder if someone spiked our drinks :p Hope this will not be our last time! -LY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home