Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Back, But Not With a Vengeance...

Have I stopped writing? The answer is no, but yes, it definitely felt like so for the past half a year. My inspiration for writing simply seemed to have gone south. Kaput.
Miss A encouraged me to start writing again, saying that writing is like muscles. You lose it if you don't use it. But it IS there. So here I am, trying to pick up the pieces where I left them after finally leaving behind a half-wrecked life that almost stole my soul.
So how has life been for the past year?
First month. Euphoriameter -- perfect 10. Characterised by a constant lightness in stride, maybe similar to being on drugs, but of course I wouldn't know.
Second month. Euphoria still kicking and alive. Dwindled a little but certainly still on a high that made me want to scream on top of a mountain. Or maybe Bukit Timah Hill. Or maybe just at the pinnacle of a miniscule slope at the park near my house.
Third month. Raring to go. All ready to head to the battlefield to claim my land of glory in photography. Or so I thought.
Fourth month onwards. Euphoriameter jammed due to excessive pessimism after realising how swarmed the market is. Thought I might just drown there. But I didn't.
So my moods have been wildly bullish and bearish, depending on how the shares of my photography stock perform.
But one thing I know for sure, regardless of how well or how badly my freelance job pan out to be, is that I do treasure my family a lot more.
It's hard to imagine how I've changed from being someone who's out with friends practically every other day to being someone who enjoys the company of her parents.
It's even harder to imagine how close my dad and I have become when I used to keep my distance because he was such a stern disciplinarian. We're not best buds but we do talk a lot because of our common outlook of life.
My nephew has been my bundle of joy too. So cute and animated, I just have to kiss him every other minute (or maybe two).
To clutter all of six months into a few minutes is rather impossible.
This is cliched but...
TO BE CONTINUED...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home